EWS CLASS 47/7


May I present a few images of my detailed and weathered Vi-Trains 47, fitted with the new Shawplan laser-cut replacement glazing pack. I've also fitted some new Shawplan wipers (pack DP4511A) and used some PH Designs etched weathering masks to suggest the sweep of the wiper blades. I'm a big fan of the Vi-Trains 47s, not least as they can be picked up from some retailers for about £40 and, if you're prepared to put in some detail work and/or a repaint, then they're great value.

This loco will feature in Model Rail issue 168, revealing how the weathering process unfolded.



Comments

  1. George, I agree that the change is astounding and certainly seems quite straightforward on these ViT units... The front effect is nicely enhanced. Vey well weathered (as always, of course). Just a little infill in those marker lights and it'd be excusable for thinking this was a real loco.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts