BACHMANN PCA

New Metalair cement tank under review


In a previous post, I mentioned my intention of building a small cement works/quarry-based layout and explained how I've been upgrading a fleet of Hornby 'depressed centre' PCA wagons. Well, in a piece of good timing, the new Bachmann Metalair cement tank wagon is now available and I'm now the happy owner of this little beauty. Having reviewed it for the latest issue of Model Rail, I was very impressed with the model in a number of ways - it's right up there with the best of Bachmann's brilliant range of modern freight stock.

This factory weathered version sports a subtle coating of grime and cement dust, but I'll be adding some extra work staining and texture in due course. I'm looking forward to expanding my fleet too, with maybe one or two of the Blue Circle-branded versions that are also being released.

See the latest issue of Model Rail (195) - out this week - for a full review and some extra info on the real things...

Comments

Popular Posts