SCAMMEL TRANSPORTER 4

Airfix kit finished and installed on a wartime diorama


Here are some pics of the completed Airfix Scammel transporter. Posed with it is a pair of Airfix 1:72 scale US Army figures, as rendered in that horrible greasy, bendy plastic that is a nightmare to paint! Chris Leigh sent me a pack of these last week with a brief of finding a way of finishing them. After messing around with a variety of products, I think I may have found a way, but that is a subject for a forthcoming Q&A in Model Rail magazine soon.

The BSA motorcycle, by the way, is also from Airfix, as included in the excellent new RAF ground vehicle/re-supply set. It's a cracking little model, assembled from three pieces and with a wealth of detail.

Can't wait to get my teeth into my next military-themed kit. In fact, there's an Airfix Spitfire kit on the shelf that might have to be opened sooner rather than later...



Comments

  1. With the 'orrible shiny plastic, my dad used to let me brush them with a light solution of brake fluid (I think) and then made me wash them in soapy water (fairy liquid) often the latter was enough and then laev in the airing cupboard for a day or two. Afetr that they took enamel paint.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts